Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Day 31 - Jan. 31 - "Thriften."

It has been FOREVER since I updated. To cut it short, I haven't been the most motivated to update the Ggamecube version because the new town I got was...derp-alicious.

When playing the first hour or so of a new town, you'll start to understand whether or not you'll like it due to a number of things that are randomly decided. I have mixed issues with my town of Thriften.



Take the map layout for instance. One thing every town has in an Animal Crossing game has a post office, Tom Nook's store, the police station/lost and found, the Museum, and the Able Sisters (a clothing design shop that allows you to design your own clothes and umbrellas). The placement of these varies in each town. Tom Nook's store may be right next to the train station while the Museum may be far to the east of town. In my town everything is crammed into the western corner of the town that leaves The Able Sisters clothing store the only thing of interest to the eastern side.



Every town has a river. The river has bridges that allow easy passage from one side of the town to the other, but the placement of these bridges is often very disheartening. Eventually, the player will be able to plan their routes effectively, but with my town such routes are practically ineffective since I have almost no reason to cross the river unless I want to steal things from the lost and found or visit the Able Sisters. Thriften appears to have congregated at the north west corner of the town, leaving much of it bare and pointless.

The residents are also gross. I have a over flux of frogs, one of whom is called WART JR. and I am outnumbered by personalities and neighbors I find unlikeable both aesthetically and interpersonally. The coolest one is by far a pig named Cobb because I had no idea pigs were available in Animal Crossing. One thing I can give merit to this game is that it will always surprise you.

So yes. I've felt very dissatisfied with the town I recieved. Plus, I'm more excited about what the Wii version will offer since I never truly played through it. So while this blog went through a dark time, I do believe I've touched some issues with my impressions of the Gamecube version and I hope to explore that more thoroughly in March.

-Fore

No comments:

Post a Comment